English Teaching Survival Manual
Buy Resources NOW: Scroll to Shopping Cart at the bottom of the page.
Plain English advice & step-by-step strategies for beginning teachers, non-specialist teachers, contract teachers & experienced teachers seeking fresh ideas.
Two volumes packed with helpful information & practical, creative ideas!
Volume One (Second Edition)
▪ The Context-text model explained in plain English
▪ Checklist for starting at a new school
▪ Planning effective, well structured lessons
▪ The first few days with a new English class
▪ Over 80 activities for before, during & after reading
This volume has recently been completely revised and includes new activities and expanded sections. The second edition is available NOW! Features of the new edition include:
- Extensive revision, editing and updating
- A continued focus on enduring features of English teaching that are easily adapted to cater for any state or national syllabus document
- A special focus on literature and the development of the imagination
- Clear demonstrations of grammar teaching in context
- Over 80 activities that you can use in the classrooms, including new activities to promote complex inferential comprehension
- New photocopiable worksheets and overhead transparencies
- Expanded index to help you find information more easily
- New appendices, including a brief definition of key grammatical terms and an explanation of the book’s basis in sound, theory, research and approaches
Volume Two – LIMITED NUMBER BACK IN STOCK
▪ Over 60 activities for before, during & after writing
▪ Communicating task requirements clearly & plainly
▪ Getting group work to work
▪ Helping students with special needs
▪ Ten ideas for last period Friday
▪ Syllabus-neutral ways of working with students & texts
▪ Sound basis in up-to-date theory and research
▪ Focus on literature & development of the imagination
▪ Demonstrations of teaching grammar in context
▪ Step by step instructions and lots of practical examples
▪ Photocopiable worksheets & overheads
Cost per volume: $AUS44.00 + including postage and handling . Bulk purchase and bookseller inquiries welcome.